Community Employment Supervisor Position
26th January 2023
Offaly Personal Assistant Services:
Community Employment Supervisor
Job Title: Supervisor-Community Employment (six-month contract)
Reporting to: Participant Development Officer
To ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial and material resources of the CE scheme and report to the Sponsoring Committee on its Participant Development Officer implementation. A core aspect of the role is to support and coach CE participants towards gaining the skills and competencies in preparation for employment.
- Ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with CE corporate governance requirements.
- Ensure that financial returns i.e. wages claims, materials claims, and participant development grant claims meet the standard as laid down by the Department of Social Protection (DSP)
- Install and manage effective time keeping record system for participants on scheme.
- Carry out an identification of learner needs with each participant on the scheme as part of the Individual Learner Plan process.
- Prepare an Individual Learning Plan for each Participant for submission to DSP in accordance with CE procedures.
- Plan and procure relevant training opportunities, and maintain and update training records.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of CE applicants per CE Recruitment and Referral Process issued by DSP
- Plan and co-ordinate the approved work schedules and ensure contracts of employment are in place.
- Liaise with employers to promote progression to the working environment and work with other support organisations as needed.
- Manage the day to day operations of the CE scheme.
- Applicants must have attained a Major 3rd level qualification (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management or related disciplines and have 3 years supervisory experience. (Minor/component awards at Level 6 or higher are insufficient)
- Have a solid understanding of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery to long-term unemployed.
- Display responsibility, commitment and motivation to implement the objectives of the Community Employment Programme.
- Previous experience in Administration, Project Management and/or Training is desirable
- Competent report writing skills, capable of directing, motivating, coaching and mentoring jobseekers.
- Ability to work under direction of the Sponsoring Organisation
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Database Applications
CV and Cover letter to be posted to:
Mr Martin Connolly,
Participant Development Officer
Offaly Personal Assistant Services,
Application for CE Supervisor six-month contract to arrive no later than Tuesday 07 February 2023.